BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 2 - The Purpose of Purpose

I questioned myself why does this word hold such a huge meaning in my life. Why does it bother me when I don't know the answer..

PURPOSE:

The reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists. A person's sense of resolve or determination.

That is the definition taken from my MacBook dictionary.

"Why does this word bring so much power?"
- The answer is because it can make a person realize what he/she exists for, what he/she can do, what he/she was created for. Its the power of a resolve that can bring a change. A determination to finish what you haven't even started or just begun.

For today, I have struggled what MY PURPOSE is... as I was thinking about it I laid down all these things that holds the possibilities of my purpose right now.

1. College Student
2. Computer Science (my major)
3. God

My purpose of being a college student was because of God! So it can't be the college student.
My purpose of being a CS major was because of being a college student. So it can't be my major.

So what then is my purpose?.... only one left, God Himself.

When i was really analyzing through these, nothing else brought a smile to my face besides chasing after God Himself. My purpose for this word "purpose" is God. My purpose, my reason, my determination, my resolve, my answer in life for myself is God.

It seems so weird to analyze myself like this, but after struggling through it. To me, it seems like the only thing that I can really consider myself doing is something that deals with God. Something for a church, evangelism, something for God. Computer Science for God? Maybe being the IT at a church or something. I don't need some awesome income (even though that would be nice), but I really want to do something for God.

Just not sure what He has in store for me. I am trusting in Him that He will really show me the path soon, before this Friday. Or after this event that is going on. Maybe through this, I will finally understand what it means to live my life for God. Cause isn't that the meaning of "purpose". To understand what I exist for? That is the question in which everyone finds a stump on, why? Because its in direct correlation to the question that asks "What is the meaning of life?"...

I will find this answer very soon I feel. And when I do, I will announce it. My purpose, my dreams, my goals, my everything, will be put into this THING, this ANSWER, this RESOLVE!

So there it is, the purpose of purpose for Jin Yi.

0 comments: